Saturday, August 14, 2010
New GOAL
Before the twins arrived, I told Brian several things that I planned on accomplishing. Well, as a new mother I can say, not everything is possible. For example, I thought I would be able to carried both of the twins in their car seats at the same time. I could easily put one car seat under each arm. Well, it is possible, but once I start walking, I can't get vary far. It just gets too heavy, and just think the twins are only just over a month old. From here on out they are only going to get heavier and heavier. Another example of something I thought I would be able to do is take the twins every where by myself. Again, I was wrong. Yes it is possible for me to take them out, it I plan to leave the house during nap time and after they have eaten. However, child can be unpredictable and you never know how they will behave. I know things will change over time, and then change again. Part of being a parent is be flexible to go with the changes and to not let it get you down. Finally I thought I would be able to breastfeed both of the twins at the same time. So far this has not happened on a regular basis. Yes it is possible, but it is so much easier one at a time. One at a time, I am able to make sure that they truly get all the nutrition that they desire. Also, after I'm done nursing one I'm able to burp that same child before nursing the other. Burping two children at the same time, doesn't really work well. (This is were Brian is going to have to help out) However, since school is going to be starting soon, and my time will become limited, I would like to make a goal to learn to breast feed both twins at the same time more often. I will have to keep you posted on how it is going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment