Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sewing Projects

This past weekend, we enjoyed a nice relaxing thanksgiving weekend just the four of us. I had a lot of fun sewing. Brian played a lot of video games.

Here are a few of the projects that I completed. My mother had given Corbin and Addison several shirts that were short sleeves, and well since the weather has been getting colder, I decided to add sleeves to the shirts so the kids can get more use out of the shirts. I also just so happened to have several white long sleeve shirts that the kids already out grew. So I just cut the sleeves on the old shirts and added them to the new shirts. Simple. I added sleeves to a total of 5 shirts. I also added some decorations to a few of the shirts. I added a pink flower to the yellow shirt, and purple buttons to the purple shirts for Addison. I added a cut out dinosaur and an embroidered puppy(taken from another shirt) to two of Corbin's shirts. All very fun changes to their shirts. I also made a pair of blue pants for Corbin to wear. They are a little big, which means he has some growing to do.

Addison needed a new jacket, the one she had was getting two small, so decided to make her a new fleece jacket. I think it turned out pretty good. Last weekend I decided to test out the size of the pattern by making her a new dress. I used one of my old shirts to make the dress. (the red part is my shirt.) The dress is a little big, which means she can grow into. I would rather the clothes be too big then too small.





I still have one more pink shirt that I need to add sleeves to and maybe another design. Any suggestions on what I should put on front???

1 comment: