Saturday, February 27, 2010

18 week ultrasound

Yesterday, Brian and I found out we are having one boy and one girl. We both took a half of day of work, because the ultrasound was scheduled for 1pm. However, we had to wait in the waiting room for an hour before they called us in, no fun. Once they started the ultrasound, I had a hard time, I felt really hot, almost like I was going to faint. I told the technician and she suggested I roll onto my side instead of laying on my back. I definitely felt better after a little bit. She did the rest of the ultrasound while I lied on my side. We were introduced to Twin A first, our little girl. She wouldn't turn her face, so her profile picture is a little blurry.

Next we got to meet Twin B our little boy. He was moving around more so we were able to get cuter pictures. One of his hand and one of the profile pictures his mouth is open.

Both of the babies are growing great. They are about 9 ounces and each have their own umbilical cord and sack. The doctor said that the pregnancy was not considered high risk, so we don't have to go back to the hospital for our next ultrasound. We will be getting an ultrasound once a month, at our regular doctor's office.

We are both very excited after seeing our babies and knowing that they are healthy and growing on schedule.

(If you click on the pictures you can get a closer view of them.)

3 comments:

  1. *crying* So sweet to see the grandchildren. How I love to think of each of you cuddling one. I am anxious to take a turn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're so excited for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete