Wednesday, July 21, 2010

July 5, 2010 - Corbin and Addison's Birthday!!



On July 5th, I woke up and decided to go to my non-stress test right after breakfast. In the past I attended my NST after lunch. In past NST the twins were more responsive after I had eaten a meal. I planned to go after breakfast because my mom was visiting and I didn't want to spend the whole afternoon in the hospital for a NST. Once in the hospital, my blood pressure was high, so they decided to test my blood. Which meant I had to hang out in the hospital until the results came back. After the blood results came back, the doctor decided that it was time for Addison and Corbin to arrive. Since Addison was still feet down a c-section was schedule. However, since the c-section wasn't an emergency, we had to wait until my stomach emptied out. I had eat breakfast at 7:30, and we had to wait until 3pm. I called Brian and he came to the hospital. At 3:14 Addison was brought into the world followed by Corbin at 3:15. Addison has dark hair and Corbin has a strawberry blonde color. Addison weighted 5lbs 3 oz and Corbin weighted 5lbs 9 oz.From the beginning Corbin was slower at eating, which caused him to loose more weight than Addison did during that first week. We had to make two extra trips to the Pediatrician's office to have weight checks done to make sure that he was gaining weight. At our two week appointment we were excited to find out that Corbin and Addison had both reached their birth weight and then some. Currently Corbin weights 5lbs 12oz and Addison weights 5lbs 13oz.
For the last few weeks my mom was here in NC helping out. After she left Brian family has come to NC to help. Brian's mom is currently making us meals to stock our chest freezer. Brian will definitely not go hungry.
Here are a few pictures we have taken over the past two weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Addison and Corbin are so cute! Glad they are doing well. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete