Wednesday, April 7, 2010

24 weeks



Today I had my 24 week pregnancy visit. Everything is going great, they are growing great, I have gained another 10 pounds in the last month. The doctor checked to see if I have started to dilate, and I'm not. The doctor said 24 weeks is a big milestone because the babies would survive if they were born after this point. But since I'm not dilated, we don't have to worry about them coming too early. I'm measuring 28 cm, which is 4 cm more than my gestational age. The doctor says that is good for twins. In two weeks, I will have my glucose test, hopefully that goes great. In four weeks we will have another ultrasound to see how the little ones are growing. I'm feeling lots of movement of the babies. I'm not completely sure which baby is which, they both seem to move the same amount. About two weeks ago Brian was able to feel the babies move. He was very excited, he said now he knows they are real, and that I'm not faking the pregnancy. hehe
I feel very blessed to have some great friends here in NC. I have been able to borrow lots of clothes for my new changing figure!! :) Hopefully in the next weeks we will have the nursery painted yellow. I'm making a rag rug for the nursery out of an old pair of green sheets. I also have found some forest animal decals that I plan to put up in the nursery.

3 comments:

  1. Cute! Cute! Cute!
    An advantage to having a boy and a girl is that those same friends who loan maternity clothes can loan baby clothes no matter what they had. Thanks for keeping us posted on your journey.Hug hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the glucose test, my advice is dont eat anything sweet or really salty the day before the test. I failed it the first time (with Rory) and I had to go back in for a 3 hr test! I ended up not having diabetes. I any getting rid of a bunch of Rorys old clothes, do you need any girls clothes - if so what size? (I have nb to 2t)...
    Ps You look great! Cant wait to meet those little ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glucose test, taste like a thick gatoraid. SO not bad. Glad you get another ultrasound! It is soo fun to see the little ones :)

    ReplyDelete