Tuesday we had our second doctors appointment. For whatever reason, they seemed to have lost our ultrasound pictures. We had to wait awhile while they tried to find them. They never did seem to turn up, while we were there. I don't know how I feel about that, a little strange. We got to hear one baby's heart beat. I guess it is really hard to hear both babies heart beat with the Fetal Doppler Stethoscope. We did get to hear some swishing sounds, and the doctor said the babies were moving around. I can't wait until I can feel there movement inside me. The doctor said I should start getting more energy around 15 -16 weeks. Brian is counting down the days until I get more energy. I had a lot of blood drawn. Our next appointment will be at 16 weeks, and then at 18 weeks we will have our big ultrasounds. We should be able to find out the sex of the babies at that ultrasound.
Wednesday night I went to bed at 7:45pm and slept all the way though the night. Thursday, I felt great, not tired at all. However, today I have been tried from the moment I stepped into my classroom this morning. I felt bad for my students because I had little patients.
Here is two pictures of how I have grown.
8 weeks - no big changes
12 weeks - my pants are definitely fitting tighter, I can't wear some of them, already.
So far we haven't purchased anything for the babies nursery. We have been looking into cribs, and trying to decided what kinds to get. We recently bought a book that was recommend by a friend called Baby Bargains. It has everything about babies, and rates the quality of different brands, and what you should look for when purchasing different baby items. We definitely plan to use this book a lot in the next few months. This weekend we are going to hit some baby consignment stores just to look around and see what is out there. We both have a three day weekend, Monday off for Martin Luther Kind Jr Day.
New Job:
As some of you might have heard, I accepted a new teaching position as a 7th grade science teacher in a different county. This new job starts beginning of February. I wasn't really looking for a new job, especially not know, however this was just an opportunity I couldn't pass up. I interviewed and got the job within a week, I didn't stress or worry about the interview before hand. This new school is 7 minutes from our home, and it is in the school district that my children will eventually attend. I'm looking forward to the new adventure.
To Do List:
The next thing on our list to do is find a child care provider for our children when they are born. If you happen to know anyone, let us know.
Promise, you will start to feel better soon. By month 5 it was if nothing had changed, had all the energy in the world!!!! Rest now while you can :)
ReplyDelete