Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow Storm

Last night we had a snow storm. We have about 4-5 inches of snow, then followed by freezing rain. The roads are pretty ice covered. It is not supposed to warm up in the next few days. NC is not used to this much snow and cold weather. They do not have the equipment to handle this clearing the roads quickly. We received an email at about 3pm today saying that church was canceled for tomorrow morning. It wouldn't surprise me if on Monday we didn't have school because of the snow from Friday / Saturday. If no school Monday we could possible have to go to school during spring break. Our house in on a hill, this morning, our neighbor and his family was using our drive way as a sledding hill for his little kids to sled down. The perfect size hill for his two kids that are under 5 years old. Here is some snow pictures from our house.

View from front door:







View from the back door:






I feel like our house is finally starting to show a little of our personality. We have been hanging a lot of stuff on the walls. Brian just finished making me a shoe bench and a coat shelf. He still wants to put a clear coat on them, but he said he was going to wait until it gets warmer out. We also just bought a new kitchen table, that had a leaf and 8 chairs. I'm super excited to have a nice table that I actually like!! :)



















Yesterday, my students found out that I will be switching schools in a weeks time. I expected several of my students to have a hard time with the news. However, there was a few students that really surprised me. I just didn't think that they cared that much. It just goes to show that as a teacher you never know which students you are really impacting their lives until your no longer their teacher. I had a hard time telling my students as well. It's a hard thing to leave in the middle of the school year.

2 comments:

  1. The snow looks beautiful! Brian's woodworking skills are impressive. Your home is getting more of a personality too. Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You guys have a lot of snow and we have none here. Glad you guys are guys are well equipped to handle it.

    ReplyDelete