Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Student spreading rumors...

Today my students found out officially that I am pregnant. One of my African American girls came up to me in the hallway right before school ended. Here is how our conversation went.

Student: Mrs. Cummings? I need to talk to you.
Me: Ok, whats up?
Student: I heard a rumor about you, and I wanted to be up front with you about it.
Me: Ok, what did you heard?
Student: Well... I heard you were pregnant.
Me: Who did you hear that from?
Student: Everyone's talking about it.
Me: Well they are correct, and guess what there are two babies.
Student: What!! NO WAY!! TWO!!
Another Student: That's why you have been really nice then two minutes later really scary.

Both students then go to there last classroom and tell every student they see about me being pregnant.

Rumors fly really fast in middle school. I haven't told them yet that I'm switching schools in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment