Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Ultrasound and appointment

Today I have two ultrasounds preformed. The first US was at the doctors office. They were a little concerned with the size difference between the two babies, and wanted to know if it was due to issues with the placenta. The doctor recommended that we have a more in depth US done at the hospital as soon as possible. Well it turned out that we could just go right over to the hospital for the second US. After the second US, this new doctor determined that both Addison and Corbin were growing great. Both placentas looked good, and the amniotic fluid levels looked good. They try not to compare the size of each baby to the other baby. Addison is about 1 week behind her expected growth for her age, 5lbs 2 oz. Corbin is about 3 days ahead of his expected growth at 5lbs 13oz. As of right now, the plan is keep the babies in me for as long as possible. I still have to go to the hospital twice a week for non-stress tests. I have one scheduled for tomorrow. I have started to feel more contractions in the last 24 hours. We will see how tomorrow goes at the NST, because they look at the contractions. Addison is still head up, so no matter what happens I will still have to have a c-section. However, if I go into labor they will not stop it at this point, but will definitely have a c-section. Unless for some crazy reason she has room to flip. As of yesterday, I have not dilated at all yet. Which makes me think they will be in there for a little while longer. Brian and I are both thinking 4th of July weekend, we don't have a good reason, just a feeling. Only God knows.

On Friday I will be 36 weeks, and I will post a picture of my growing belly.

2 comments:

  1. Glad things are going well. At 36 weeks they may not have to be in NICU at all. That was my biggest wish - that we could all go home together. We will pray the same for you. Hang in there. Either way it's not much longer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the babies are healthy! Hmm...sounds like we won't get to meet them before we leave. :( But I'm glad they are growing bigger every day so they can come right home with you guys after they are born!

    ReplyDelete