Wednesday, June 2, 2010

32 week ultrasound and appointment

We have decided to announce the names we have choose for the newest members of our family. The little girl is Addison Bliss Cummings and the little boy is Corbin Kevin Cummings. Today we went to the doctors for an ultrasound and check up. Addison is 3lbs 9 oz and Corbin is 4lb 4oz. Their heart beats seem to be doing fine. The doctor is a little concerned with the size difference between the two. So starting tomorrow I have to go to the hospital for a non stress test(NST) on Thursdays and Mondays until they tell me to stop. The doctor is trying to find out if Addison is just naturally a small baby or if her placenta is not working properly. I will be hooked up to three monitors, one for each baby and then one that measure contractors or braxton hicks. If either of the babies heart beat slows or changes during a contraction, that is a sign of a placenta not working. IF the placenta is not working properly their is a chance that they might deliver the babies. The doctor didn't want to worry us, he said he wanted to have the NST done just to be on the safe side. I'm not too worried about then growing, I feel both of them moving about the same amount. However, I didn't realize that Corbin turned in the last month.

School is almost over, about 5 more days of school and 3 workday. I'm very determined to make it through these last few days.

I know I owe you another baby belly picture, hopefully on Friday I will be able to post that.

4 comments:

  1. I had to do these too for the same reason. Reuben was just a big guy. They always seemed to get the hiccups during them. Good luck with your last few days of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only a few days left! I'm looking forward to meeting Addison and Corbin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember: The Lord has been knitting together in mother's wombs from the beginning. We will be praying and trusting him to take care of you, Corbin, and Addison until the proper timing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun to follow your posts. Be thinking of you Monday and checking on your updates.
    A. Jill

    ReplyDelete